A super healthy and light evening meal or a delicious pre-prepped lunch.
Serves 2-4 | time 50 minutes
Prep 30 minutes | Cook 20 minutes
- 1 block of extra firm tofu (this does about four wraps)
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- pinch of salt
- glug of oil
To be clear on this you could add anything you want here. This example is just what I had around. Keep it simply, crunchy and healthy. A brilliant option here is to use julienne carrot and radish and lightly pickle them in a sweetened vinegar.
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 8 leaves of baby gem lettuce (2 per wrap)
- 8 Pickled peppers, sliced
- 1/2 handful parsley
- 2 radish, sliced
- a good squeeze of Sriracha per wrap
- Take your tofu out of its packaging and drain. Line two plates with kitchen paper and place the tofu between them. Weigh it down (I use a case iron pan) and leave for 10-15mins to drain.
- Prep your veg if you haven’t already and, put a frying pan on the hob on a high heat add the oil to get it nice and hot.
- Using more kitchen roll, dry the tofu as best you can and cut into cubes.
- Coat them in seasoned corn flour (you can absolutely put more than salt and pepper in this, Paprika, Cayenne, Turmeric all work wonders).
- Lay the tofu in the pan with plenty of space around them. If you crowd the pan they will steam and wont get crispy. Do this in two pans or in two batches if you need to.
- Fry until golden brown, turning regularly.
- Warm your wraps either in a frying pan, or in a warm oven. This just makes them more pliable and nicer to eat.
- Once the tofu is crispy leave it to do drain on a wire wrack, this will crispy them up perfectly.
- Put out the wraps on the counter and lay the baby gem, peppers and parsley on top.
- Spread the tofu and radish evenly between the wraps
- Squeeze the Sriracha on top roll up (not forgetting to tuck the bottom in).
- Eat now or take for lunch.